Popular Posts

Monday, October 24, 2011

I hope I haven't lost you

I have been absent from my blog for far too long.  I hope to make it up to you, dear readers, by getting back into the swing of writing.  There is so much that I have not written about Del Norte or about my reactions to walking there.
I will try not to let my ego get out front, but I have to say that in many ways the Del Norte was harder than either the Frances or the Portuguese and I made it!  What made it difficult?
First, the 10 days of rain through the mountains was tough.  I was so confident from my previous Caminos that it never rained hard enough for a serious rain coat, that I didn't take anything but a disposable!
Well that changed by day two and a half and lucky for me Donostia-San Sabastiaan had a few great out-door shops.  I bought a rain coat that I had been looking for in Canada.  Yes, the exact one that was not available at MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) and for the same price they were selling it for.  Wow, I was ready now.
I stepped out of the store in my newly aquired red, red, red zipperd coat with additional closers in case I didn't want to zip up and with a properly fitting hood and last but not least an expandable pouch in the back that fitted over my pack without exposing the back of my knees to the weather!  Wow, it was great to be dry.
 So let that be my first lesson on the Del Norte.  Don't take Mother Nature for granted ever.  Be alert! Be ready!
Stay tuned for another entry to this blog any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment