Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This Blog

I know many of you have things, hobbies, people, animals in your life that you love.  This blog will be about the activity I love most - my favorite hobby, walking and walking the Camino trails in Europe.
The Camino trails are ancient.  There are many stories about them, but for now (as I will explain more at Bloggs are added) let me just say that they all end in Santiago Spain, the burial ground of the remains of St. James the Apostle.  The Camino pathways are found in countries such as Norway, Ireland, Italy, The Middle East, France, Portugal, Greece and Spain to name just a few.  They represent centuries of pathways people walked to get to Santiago to pay respects to the Saint and to gain forgivness for their sins.
This Blog is not a Christian blog.  It is a walkers blog.  However, to understand the draw of the Camino to millions around the world, the reader should know a little about the history and mythology of the Saint that is called James and how he ended up in Santiago.
For now, I want to welcome you to the "Planning Your Camino" blog.  My intention is to inform you of my experiences on the Camino and entice you to consider planning your camino based on what I have learned and what other Camino walkers have shared regarding their Caminos. 
I hope to write several times a week so stay tuned and let me know what you think.
I am also interested in any questions you have about the Camino and about your planning problems.
Talk with you soon.

No blisters allowed

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful start to your brand new blog Beverley! I'm looking forward to reading and learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beverley - this is so exiting. Good luck with the blog. Love you. Anne

    ReplyDelete