Popular Posts

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oh dear...

Well I have done it now.  I opened up a general invitation to people in my hiking club regarding walking this year in Spain.  Well guess what, now I don't want to walk with people I don't really know from here and I have to take back my invite.

Meeting people on the Way who you are really drawn to is one of the great gifts of the Camino.  The even greater gift is when you stay together for all, or a at least a long part of the journey.  Right Anne?   When you meet people there you know almost immediately who you will share your mutual respect with.  When the feeling isn't there, one moves on. 

Well, as the song says, I just can't get the feeling.  This person has walked the Frances in 2004 and really only has complained about it.  She is not fond of the Albergues and is used to travelling in style.   I find this out now, thanks to the forces that be and not later.

So now I have to take my own advise and put an end to this unease by doing something about it.  My instinct tells me that the right thing to do is walk alone or at least start off that way on this Camino.
Planning my third camino begins now, I have to take this action.

Love and light all

4 comments:

  1. My dear Bev - and all of you, who might read this: This is absolute true. Walk alone, meet people on your way, listen to the feeling in your stomach. Some friendships will last for the rest of your life, others will blow away with the wind as fast as they came up. They will all give you a gift for life. As I said on my first camino (where we met, my dearest friend): Leave and let leave, that's the question. The relationships, that are ment to be, will be there for you.Walk with an open heart and an open mind, and everything will be just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear Beverley, and all of you, who might read this. This is so true: Start walking alone, open your heart and your mind, and see, what happens. Listen to the feeling in your stomach. Friendships started on the Camino might last for the rest of your life, or just for this trip, but they will all change your life for ever. On my first Camino I often said: Leave and let leave, and on my trip from Porto last year, with Bev., she said to me, on a day with many tears: If you have to go home, go, and know, that you are loved. That was a real blessing!! Thank you, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is th 3. time I try to make a comment - hopefully they will not all appeare;-)
    Well: I totally agree with you, Beverley, you must be on your own, when you begin your Camino. There will be friendships on the road, if you walk with an open heart and an open mind. Some will last for the rest of your life, some just for the Camino, but they will all change your life. When you walk alone, you don't bring an "image" with you - you are free to be exactly who you are (or want to be), and people will meet you there.I met so much love on my Camino (especially from you, my dear)and I am so greatful. If somebody read this: Believe in the fact, that there will always be somebody out there to give you comfort and support, not matter who or what you are. That is the lesson I learned. Among many others;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bubbie, Well, perhaps you could say,you were so excited talking about the Camino,that you forgot to say,just how much you're looking forward to being "alone",for a bit.That you need to "gather up",your energies! Any self respecting person,will happily agree,we all need time! Love Ya!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete