Popular Posts

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Passion

This day is special for me as you know, it is about my book, Planning Your Camino - Preparing the Way.

I want to tell you again why I wrote this little book.  I want to share my passion for the Camino De Santiago with whom ever will listen.  Your Camino will be whatever you make it.  My Caminos have been spectacular. 

I would guess that the reason is my love of walking.  In addition, my love for that intangible sense of well being and being grounded.  I love being away.   I love being with nature and feeling that I am fending for myself while at the same time absorbing the beauty of people around me.  Walking the Camino de Santiago is liberating for me.  I know that at the end of the trip I will be safe and secure in the City of Santiago de Compostella.  I know that the exertion that got me to Santiago is about facing my later years with trust and love.  At almost 63 years old I do not envy young bodies.  I love my wrinkles and accept myself for who I am.

Do you know Lady Gaga?  I was so touched by an interview of her I saw recently as she spoke at length about her message to her fans (she calls them her little monsters).  She said that she wants her fans to know they can be anything they want to be and she wants them to be secure in who they are.

If you knew me you might say, how did you get here?  How is it that love is the greatest treasure in your life after all you have been through.  I would say that somehow I accepted a blessing from the universe and as a result, I extend a little love to you in this book and in this blog. 

To be love is an amazing thing.  To me your authentic self is worth chasing after.  At 63, I have fulfilled a dream.  Take it on, you will too.

Much love comes with this blog and with the book.

Make your dreams happen.

This is a photo of me with my dear nephew Chris when we were in Ponte de Lima.  He too is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment