Popular Posts

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Admiration

I have been reading people's stories of walking the Camino in winter.  I have to admire these pilgrims!  Given where I live, cold is not an issue for me and I doubt that it gets to be -30 C on the Camino Frances or any of them for long like it does here.  What I admire is the intention of a little suffering just like the ancients.  I just received a note from a reader who finished the Camino Portuguese recently.  Reports of cold Albergues (Padrone) put me off but then I know I could survive. 

I love the warm even hot weather.  My friends will tell you that it seems to pick me up the hotter it gets, right Anne!

Now I am reading on the forum about the festivals in Spain along the Camino and everywhere - because we are approaching Easter.  How wonderful it would be to be there at this time of year with all that good vibration going on.  Can you imagine the Cathedral on Easter!  Wow.

I guess walking in the early spring would require a whole new approach to equipment.  Interesting.... I might have to experience that for my second edition!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, Beverley - the mountaingoat and the monkey came along very well, even in the hot days.
    XXX Anne

    ReplyDelete