Popular Posts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Don't Let Life Get In Your Way

"It's interesting how memories and dreams sustain us as we grow older. Life often becomes what we want it to be based on those dreams of long ago. Sadly, we too often forget to live those dreams and we forget that anything is possible in a dream."  This quote is from Jim Dineen.
Jim Dineen is an author, speaker and writer who has experienced dialysis and transplant and all of its ensuing complications in a not so complicated way. His first book, "Life's Just Not That Complicated" very concisely looks at life's challenges and asks, if it's really as difficult as we make it.
I have been making my life difficult lately and that of my darling husband.  Why? Because I have been bored.  Let's get this straight.  I have a house, a family, friends, an active life, dreams that I follow and dreams yet to be followed so the question is - WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!
We are so fortunate, me and those of you reading this blog.  I am so lucky and I have created the luck that brought me this life I have.  I think back on decisions I have made in my life that have created the place I am now at.  Good ones and bad ones, good places and not so good places.
I see so much concern on the Forum coming from people planning their Camino.  I wish I could just wave a magic wand and wave away worry and fear.  Forgive me if I am repeating myself but I do not worry any more.  When I sense a worry coming my way like, will I have enough money for the rest of my life?, I stop the worry right there in its tracks (old life long tape of insecurity playing itself in my head).  Then I often laugh when I think of Anne's carefree smile as she says "Who Cares!"
There is so much to think about when planning for the Camino and if we let our every day fears and worries control us, life will get in the way and the dream might be forgotten.  The Camino life is carefree.  You get up, brush your teeth, wash your face, comb your hair, eat your breakfast, say Buen or Bom Camino to those around you and head out.  Life is not that complicated and life is 100% your Camino.

Don't lose your dreams, make them part of your awake reality.

2 comments:

  1. I have a T-shirt with the print on it: If you can dream it, you can do it.
    I try very hard to remember this every day, and now and then I even succeed;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias!! :-) Perfect, aka Camino, timing!

    ReplyDelete