Popular Posts

Sunday, March 20, 2011

When You Change Your Mind, Everything Changes

Yesterday I had my book launch.  It was fun and too short, when does one stope talking about one's experience of the Camino De Santiago?  I now have the answer...when everyone leaves!  If I am going to do this again I have to knowwhat to say and when to say it.

But something wonderful happened yesterday.  A woman who came told me at the end that as a result of another Pilgrim's reports she did not want to take the trips.  "Too much garbage, too much graffitti" the other Pilgrim said.  Thea said that after hearing my talk and seeing the photos, she has changed her mind about going and she felt really good about her decision.

Thea is an avid walker in her 70's and now the Camino is back on her list.

She looked radient when she told me about her decision and I thought, you know, changing one's mind about something can change everything.

The process that we go through to take on a trip like walking the Camino is a long one.  So much nags at our brain.  Am I strong enough, dare I take the time for myself, what if I get sick or injured, I don't know if I can do this.  Then suddenly, you make the commitment and everything changes.  Joy shows up, lightness in your step appears, commitment to training is suddenly doable, you smile more and people notice.  Life becomes like that Little Engine That Could.

So if you are still at the point of questioning your ability to make this life changing walk, take the life changing step to say I am now preparing to do this.  And let me remind you that life is a Camino and you (me too) can change our minds about any one thing that holds us back and it will change our whole life!

Carpe Diem my friend - Seize the Day

Now I have to get on with mine ...

No comments:

Post a Comment